Pilcher, 1911, Louisville, Kentucky
Rebuilt by the Miller Organ Company
The organ was built in Henry Pilcher's Sons in 1911, half of its cost was paid by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. It replaced an 1871 Pilcher tracker. First Baptist Church was originally Third Presbyterian Church.
The organ was tubular pneumatic originally, but was changed to electro-pneumatic when it was rebuilt by Eugene Ward in 1974. Eugene is a former priest from St. Meinrad, who built the organ which preceded the current Goulding & Wood organ at St. Meinrad.
The rebuilding included the addition of the Trumpet on the Swell and making other ranks available at various pitches. A combination action was also added, but it is permanently wired and not changeable.
16' Sub Bass
Great to Pedal 8'
Swell to Pedal 8'
2 2/3' Nazard
1 3/5' Tierce
Swell to Swell 16'
Swell to Swell 4'
4' Hohl Flute
2' Block Flute
Swell to Great 16'
Swell to Great 8'
Swell to Great 4'
Great to Great 4'
Holy Holy Holy - Jane Hagmann, Organist for 50 years at First Baptist, New Albany
Chorale Prelude on "O Sacred Head" Josef Rheinberger - Theresa Bauer, Organist
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty - Theresa Bauer, Organist